We all know these people. And if we don’t personally know them, we’ve definitely met them. So here are the 5 ways that you are being the worst golf partner. Try not to do them!
1. Unsolicited advice guy. I didn’t ask for any help, don’t want your help. Thank you.
2. The angry golfer. We’ve all been there but you’re just out playing with your buddies. Calm down. It’s just a game and you’re making it uncomfortable for everyone.
3. ‘I’m not normally this bad’ guy. Yeah, okay that’s fine. You don’t have to keep saying it. We don’t necessarily believe you but honestly, we don’t care! We’re just on the course to have a good time, play your game and you’ll be good.
4. Cell phone golfer. Alright, we all have our stuff. We are on social media…a lot. And if we have to take a phone call, it’s a minute or two max before we bounce. Why? We’re playing golf. So why is it okay for you to be on your phone the whole round? It kinda isn’t. I had a guy do this to me once and it was just him and I in the group…he was on the phone for 7 holes. (Disclaimer: We know that people work and may have to jump on the phone to answer a question or put out a fire. But scheduling a massive conference call and then playing golf during it? Maybe not do that.)
5. Score Keeper. If you’re keeping your score for your buddies and you all usually do that, great. Keep it up. I’m talking about the guy that decides to keep my score without asking and then will ask me what I had on a hole. Sir, I was randomly paired with you. I don’t know you and I don’t want you to keep my score.